Background


Friday, January 21

Update: Resolutions -- Healthy Snacks on the go

The nature of my job makes it difficult for me to "plan" my lunch.  Some days I am going to lunch with clients or co-workers, other days I am working straight through lunch, but mostly I am grabbing a bite to eat in my "office" aka my CAR!  Packing lunch is not always a good idea especially in the heat of the summer.  I also don't have access to a microwave. 
Honestly, most days I don't eat very much during the day, it just doesn't fit into my schedule.  In my quest to lose weight, I've come to realize that this is a major factor hindering my progress.  With this in mind, I am consciously making an effort to pack and consume snacks with a total calorie value for a "normal" lunch between 10 and 3:30.  I pack things that will stay "good" if left in my car for a few days.  Here are some of my favorites:

1.  Peanut Butter/Almond Butter and Jelly on whole wheat sprouted bread:  I love this snack!  This is more of a meal and many days I have one of these in the morning for breakfast.  I love the blend of carbs, sweetness, and protein to keep me full for many hours!



My favorite peanut butter is Skippy Natural....I don't like to stir the other stuff!  I also love almond butter.  I try to stick to organic/natural foods when shopping.  The less ingredients on the package the better!

2.  Piece of Fruit/Veggie with Peanut Butter

This is rather self explanatory.......
I also like bananas and carrots.

3.  LaraBars


Have you heard of these?  OMG I absolutely love them.  They taste amazing and are sooo good for you!  They are gluten-free, organic, vegan, lactose free, etc.  
And they come in 19 amazing flavors; my favorites are the Carrot Cake, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pecan Pie, and Lemon.   
I buy mine at Whole Foods or in the organic aisle at my grocery store.  (Whole Foods has the best selection of flavors!)

4.  Tall Skim Cappuccino


Only 60 calories and a great pick-me-up during the day!  This def helps get me through the day and pairs nicely with any of my snacks....My favorites are from Saxby's....I'm not a big fan of Starbucks espresso or coffee, I only like their mixed drinks.


What are some of your favorite snacks?  I could really use some new recommendations!

xoxo,
J.




8 comments:

  1. I need good snack ideas - that are healthy! These are good - I love pb & almond butter (and sometimes I take a spoonful with a some chocolate chip - but that's not all healthy), I never pick the fruit, and my bar of choice is Luna Bars.

    Other snacks I eat are dried banana chips, granola, baby carrots, low-fat cheese stick/string cheese, Kashi TLC oatmeal & dark chocolate cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I snack on almonds, apples with cheese, yogurt, dried fruit such as apricot and apple chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ladies: Great tips! Esp the string cheese. Thanks.

    Megan: Def need to try the choc chips in PB&J...i'm gonna use dark chocolate chips and call it healthy!!! LOL.

    Rose, almonds are such a great snack and I always forget about them...I should just keep a bag in my car. I have never tried dry fruit or apple chips...gonna add them to my grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. String cheese, nuts, goldfish, celery/pb, cheese/crackers (although you would obvi have to eat it that day), already popped popcorn

    I take a variety of these snacks to school every week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm yes I have tried those Larabars...so delish! My favorite snack is apples dipped in a small bit of nutella...ok a lot of nutella LOL!

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Death By Shoe: OMG..Nutella...I heart Nutella!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apples with soft cheese spread on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reallyyyyyy into Lara bars right now. I love all the flavors esp the Cherry. I get them by case in Whole Foods. I love brown rice cakes with Almond butter, raw veggies with home made ranch dressing, any fruit and raw nuts! I could go on and on. :)

    ReplyDelete