Background


Wednesday, January 12

Review: JCrew Cashmere Boatneck Sweatshirt + OOTD

click Here for product information.

I ordered this beauty back in December before my shopping ban took effect.  I absolutely love this sweater...it is so comfy cozy.  
Pros:
I got it during the 30% off promo for about $100...I would NOT pay full price for this.  The cashmere is a really nice weight, not too heavy and not too light.  I would say that this runs TTS to slightly large.  I took my usual size medium.  I actually ordered the S and M...they fit very similarly except the sleeves and length were longer on the medium.  I've worn this with cords, skinny jeans and boots, skirts both mini and pencil.  This sweater keeps its shape and doesn't stretch out at all...even the bottom band stays fitted which I love!
Cons:  
Price, as mentioned above.  I've worn this sweater about 6 times (for a grand total of about 14 hours for all 6 times) and it has already started to pill under the arms....JCrew:  I'm not impressed with this!  But I just used my cashmere/wool razor and it is good as new.  

 Here is a quick OOTD featuring this sweater:
Wearing:
Cashmere/Wool pashmina:  Gifted
JCrew Felted Wool Mini  click here
Tights:  Hues via Nordstrom
Boots:  Cole Haan Brookings Knee High Boot click here

This is the outfit I wore to see Les Miserables on Saturday afternoon with my husband.....one of my amazing Christmas gifts...the show was so good and if it comes through your city I highly recommend it.  In keeping with the french theme we went to dinner at this fantastic restaurant!  here are a few pics:
Spring view....it was snowy on Saturday:)

yummy food....best bread ever!!

The weather was snowy and slushy that day.  I had originally planned to wear high heeled suede OTD cuff boots with this outfit, but b/c of the weather I had to switch to these flat boots.  These boots are awesome....I wore them every day on my trip to Scotland and the Nike air technology kept my feet comfy...they are also completely waterproof!  such a great boot.  My only gripes:  I wish they were higher and that they were not so slouchy but overall the pros far outweigh the cons on these!

Well ladies....off to watch some Law and Order....it is snowing AGAIN btw!  Ahhh....

xoxo,
J.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I love your outfit and think you look great. The play and dinner sounds amazing and so much fun. Try to stay warm and have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete