Background


Wednesday, April 14

A "Short" Review: JCrew Chambray Drawstring and Zebra Stripe Camo Shorts

Ha ha...Aren't I clever with my title...not really, cheese ball!  but seriously,

I've been on the quest for some decent shorts for this summer.  I have several pairs from JCrew that are the 3 inch chino shorts that I wear with capri sandals all summer, but I wanted to try some of the longer lengths (and by longer I mean 4-5 inches).  

First up, the zebra print camo shorts...these have been around for awhile. I just didn't think they were worth the original $49.50 price tag.  I have tried them before and liked them and when I saw them in final sale for $29.99 and an additional discount (30% I think), I decided to give them another try.  I don't love them, but I do like them and for 20 bucks I think I will get use out of them this summer, even if I only wear then a few times.  I think they are kind of fun and different than my usual generic khaki shorts.  I'm pictures these with pretty much any color favorite tank and a pair of metallic flat sandals.

Next up:  the chambray drawstring short.  One word for these:  LOVE!!! and apparently I'm not the only one because when I checked last night they were sold out online.  I love em.  They are super flattering and super comfy.  The material is very soft, lays nicely, and the length is really flattering.  I love the drawstring closure because if you lose or gain weight it doesn't matter, just loosen or tighten accordingly.  I would say that these run slightly big, they have a large leg opening in comparison to other JCrew shorts so if you have really thin gams or minimal junk in the trunk I would size down.

For reference, I am 5'9 and I am wearing a size 8 in both pairs of shorts.

And please excuse le camera de crap (aka iPhone camera).



What do you think?

xoxo,
J.

2 comments:

  1. They both look fantastic on you! Thanks for the reviews, and congrats on the awesome deal you got on the Zebra-stripe pair, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. FabulousFloridaMommy: Thanks for the compliment! The weather is finally getting nice up here so I'm going to try some of your lattice skirt suggestions...I'll let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete