Background


Saturday, August 21

WOTD: Crazy Patterns, Classic Shapes....

I love a classic Jackie O shift dress.  They are a staple of my work wardrobe.  I have them in beige, gray, black, brown, and navy.  I usually shy away from crazy patterns.  A flamboyant blouse anchored by a neutral colored pencil skirt and cardigan, I can handle.  But, a Pucci print maxi dress, while beautiful, would have running in the other direction.  So I have a few rules for wearing wacky prints:  1.  neutral color palette 2. classic shape 3. minimal accessories

I picked this dress up at Lord and Taylor last summer.  (I don't know the designer and I just dropped it at the dry cleaners this AM so I can't check for you....sorry:)  This is very outside my normal comfort zone.  However, it meets my 3 wacky print rules so I thought I would give it a try.  I always get compliments when I wear it and it is now one of my favorite dresses to wear for work, because it makes me feel good!  It is a very heavy cotton pique and it is lined.  I love the structured shape!  I coupled it with minimal accessories, just my usual rings, my watch, and gold stud earrings.  I'm also wearing my new favorite shoes:  The JCrew Julienne Leather Heels in Bronzed Avocado.  I cannot give these shoes enough praise, they are so comfortable and a fabulous neutral that goes with so much of my wardrobe.  BUY THEM!

Dress:  Lord and Taylor
Shoes:  JCrew Julienne Leather Heels

On another note......


I'll be away for the next week......a bit of work and a bit of pleasure.

I'll be back with regular posts at the end of the week!

Have a great weekend everybody!!!

xoxo,
J.

3 comments:

  1. Even though the print is busy, the shape is classic so it works for both work and play. It looks good on you.

    Come by and get to know me at http://xoxoebony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic dress; have a great week :)

    http://www.stylestance.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty dress! Hope you have a good time. I'll be there next month too. :)

    ReplyDelete