Background


Thursday, April 14

JCrew Scandal: Jenna Paints her Son's Toenails Pink.....


I just read this interesting (and somewhat ridiculous) article about the firestorm JCrew creative director Jenna Lyons is under for posing on the company website with her son and his pink painted toenails.  The quote reads:  "Quality Time:  Lucky for me, I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink.  Toenail painting is way more fun in neon."

Read the full article from Yahoo News here

What are your thoughts?  Personally, I think that with so many other things going on in the world this does NOT deserve media attention.  Regarding the comments that Beckett will need therapy etc....my own brother often was dressed up in tutus, bonnets, and lipstick as a young boy (gotta love big sisters) and he turned out absolutely fine.  Just sayin!

xoxo,
J.

Update:  I've been gone on a business trip so this is the first I'm hearing about this.  Just want to give credit to Alexis over at JCrew Aficionada who in this post first brought this topic up.  

4 comments:

  1. I watch the Today Show about once a year and happened to see this story on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I was shocked that they were making such a big deal about it! They had on a child psychologist and everything! She said it was ridiculous, the boy was obviously having a great time with his Mom and that everyone should lighten up about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah I saw that article too...so stupid. I used to paint my little brother's toenails when I was way younger too...it's not a big deal, they're little kids! The picture is pretty cute, anyway:)

    xoxo,
    meme-stylenewbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this as well and thought it was ridiculous...so overblown!

    ReplyDelete